Spring Triad Family Event RegistrationPosted on 01/26/24
The Triad GO FAR 5K is like no other! Kids from local schools and clubs across the Triad train for 8-10 weeks in preparation for this culminating event. They learn about positive character traits and healthy living, making changes that will last a lifetime. Then they gather at the GO FAR family event, along with runners from the community to encourage each other and celebrate their achievements!REGISTER NOW
Save the Date: May 4th, 2024
One-Mile Fun Run Start - 8:15 AM
5K Race Start - 9:00 am
Piedmont Centre Business Park
4050 Piedmont Parkway
High Point, NC
DETAILS ABOUT: Directions & Parking
GO FAR 5K Club Participant:
Early Bird Registration Fee (Through March 29th @ 11:59 PM): $25
Regular Registration Fee (March 30th - April 30th @ 11:59 PM): $30
Late Registration Fee (May 1st - May 4th (Race Day)): $35
GO FAR 5K Community Runner:
Early Bird Registration Fee (Through March 29th @ 11:59 PM): $30
Regular Registration Fee (March 30th - April 30th @ 11:59 PM): $35
Late Registration Fee (May 1st - May 4th (Race Day)): $40
GO FAR Fun Run Participant:
Early Bird Registration Fee (Through March 29th @ 11:59 PM): $15
Regular Registration Fee (March 30th - May 4th (Race Day)): $20
- All runners must register in advance and wear their assigned bib during the race. Parents of GO FAR club participants who want to join children on race day must register online. Any runner not wearing a bib will be asked to exit the racecourse.
- A $2.50 processing fee is included in the amounts listed above.
- T-shirt sizes are guaranteed only for runners who register during Early Bird Registration.
- Late registration will be available online. For details, see Packet Pick-up below.
- Scenic courses through Piedmont Parkway Business Park
- Spirited cheer squads lining the course
- High-quality GO FAR cotton t-shirt
- Unique GO FAR finishers medal for all runners
- Plentiful course support
- Discounts off race day merchandise sales
Many of our runners are children. The safety of our young runners is the top priority.
- Strollers are welcome but must line up at the back of the final wave to avoid congestion at the start line.
- NO bikes, rollerblades or skateboards
- For safety purposes, only service animals are allowed at our events. A service animal is a working animal, not a pet. No pets permitted on the course or within the event area
- All runners (including parents and running buddies) must register in advance and wear assigned bibs during the race. Any runner not wearing a bib will be asked to exit the racecourse.
Registration fees are non-refundable. No exceptions.
Once we receive and accept your registration, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. Before the Late Registration period, you may transfer your race registration to another runner. After the Late Registration period, registrations are non-transferable. No exceptions.
- $5 Early Bird Discount is available until the Early Bird Registration period ends.
- T-shirt sizes and other race kit items are guaranteed only to runners registered before the Early Bird Registration period.
- Space permitting, late registrations will be accepted at packet pick-up locations listed below.
Credit card payment is required for all online registrations. Some GO FAR schools accept payment by check with the paper registration. Please check with your GO FAR coach for information.
PACKET PICK-UP AND LATE REGISTRATION
GO FAR Runners
Note to all kids who are training with a GO FAR club at school, YMCA, or similar program AND their families, friends, and school staff: If you register before April 14 and indicate your school when you register, your coach will pick up your race kit (including t-shirt and race bib) for your convenience. Coaches typically give out race kits at a GO FAR club meeting one week before the race. If you register on or AFTER April 15, follow the Community Runner instructions below to pick up your race kit.
Race Kits will be available for pick-up (and if space is available, late registrations will be accepted) at either of the following locations:
May 3th (3-6 pm) at the High Point Fleet Feet (2762 Highway 68 North, High Point NC 27265)
May 4th (7-8 am) at Race Day Registration Table
Pre-paid packets must be picked up BEFORE 8:00 am on race day. Packets not claimed by then will be given to last-minute registrations.
T-shirts and swag are not guaranteed for late registrations or late pick-up.
TRIAD GO FAR RACE RESULTS
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
GO FAR puts the safety of its participants, spectators, staff, and volunteers first. Dangerous weather conditions pose a unique challenge to an event the size of the Triad GO FAR Race. Therefore we have adopted the following Inclement Weather Policy:
Weather forecasts will be monitored prior to the event, with special attention placed on the possibility of ice, heavy rain, thunder and lightning, high winds, and extreme temperatures (hot or cold). If necessary, families and schools will be made aware of these conditions and possible dangers which could result. Announcements will be posted on the GO FAR website as well as through other means of communication such as Twitter and Facebook.
The Race Director and GO FAR Race Committee, in consultation with High Point law enforcement, Piedmont Triad Ambulance and Rescue, and other officials, will monitor the weather and make a decision if any action will be taken to modify the race. Possible changes include altering the start time or, in extreme situations, cancellation of the event.
- Visible lightning will cause the race to be postponed for a minimum of 30 minutes. Additional sightings will continue to delay the race in 30-minute increments.
- If ice is visible on the race route and is unavoidable, the race personnel, medical team, fire, and police personnel reserve the right to delay, cancel, or suspend the race due to inclement weather.
- If extremely high heat and humidity is predicted, extra water will be provided to runners before, during, and after the event. The medical team will be alerted that athletes may require additional medical attention during and after the event due to these conditions. If it is felt that it is unsafe for participants to start the race due to severe temperatures and humidity, the race may be canceled.
- The GO FAR Family Event does not get canceled due to rain.
NOTE: No refunds are given if the race is canceled. All proceeds benefit GO FAR (Go Out For A Run) and allow us to better support the children in our programs through our Race registration scholarships, Lace Up Show fund, and other offerings.