Program Development Manager
Part-time (25-30 hours per week)
GO FAR (Go Out For A Run) is a nonprofit running program for children that promotes fitness, nutrition and character development. Founded in 2003, GO FAR serves more than 6,000 children annually in NC and nationwide.
This is an exciting opportunity to join GO FAR in our mission to empower children through an innovative running program to achieve their goals and pursue healthy lifestyles. Reporting to, and working in close collaboration with, the Executive Director, the Program Development Manager will both lead and support a variety of activities to expand GO FAR programs and events. Other responsibilities will be varied, and will include volunteer recruitment, special event management, and assisting with new initiatives as they arise.
In addition to knowledge and experience in the fields of sales, fundraising and development, the position requires leadership, flexibility, creativity, resourcefulness and a passion for inspiring children to make healthy choices. Other attributes include excellent communication skills, professional presentation and strong networking capabilities. This role also requires self-motivation and an ability to balance independent responsibilities with team collaboration.
- Lead new club recruitment in schools, afterschool programs and other youth organizations to increase GO FAR participation in the Piedmont Triad. Meet with faculty and administration, school system leadership, Parent Teacher Associations, and others to build relationships and promote GO FAR as a premier afterschool program and partner in student success.
- Participate in local conferences and community events to promote GO FAR to target stakeholder groups (parents, youth, schools, etc.)
- Assist Executive Director in developing and implementing new club partnerships with local sponsors, including both fundraising and stewardship activities.
- Assist Executive Director in soliciting both financial and in-kind gifts for programs and events.
- Assist GO FAR staff with planning and execution of GO FAR’s semiannual Triad 5K & Fun Run events in High Point
- Lead volunteer recruitment for GO FAR 5K & Fun Run events
- Engage local businesses and community organizations in GO FAR’s mission by inviting them to participate in race day experiences as volunteers, vendors and sponsors
- Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred 2-5 years of experience in the fields of sales, fundraising and/or nonprofit program development
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Occasional nights and weekend availability required for events
To apply, please send resume and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GO FAR does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, military status, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.