GO FAR FAMILY 5K & FUN RUN PRESENTED BY TRIAD MCDONALD'S
MAY 6, 2017
Fun Run Start 8:15am
5K Race Start 9:00am
Online Registration is now CLOSED. Scroll down for onsite registration and packet pick-up information.
GO FAR 5K
Early Bird Registration Fee: $25, Jan 16 - April 1
Online Registration Fee: $30, April 2 - May 2
Last-Minute Registration Fee: $40, May 5 and 6
Online Registration Fee: $15, Jan 16 - May 2
Last-Minute Registration Fee: $20, May 5 and 6
*NOTES: A processing fees included in amounts listed above.
T-shirt sizes are guaranteed only for runners who register by April 1.
Online registration ends on May 2.
- Scenic courses through Piedmont Parkway business park
- Spirited cheer squads lining the course
- High quality GO FAR cotton t-shirt
- Unique GO FAR finishers medal for 5K runners
- GO FAR finishers token for one-mile fun runners
- Plentiful course support
- Free admission to the race day family festivities
- Discounts off race day merchandise sales
Registration fees are non-refundable. No exceptions.
Once we receive and accept your registration, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. Before April 21, you may transfer your race registration to another runner. After April 21, registrations are non-transferrable. No exceptions.
$5 Early Bird Discount available until April 1. T-shirt sizes and other race kit items are guaranteed only to runners registered before April 1. Online registration deadline is May 2. Late registrations will be accepted in person at packet pick-up locations listed below.
Credit card payment is required for all online registrations. Some GO FAR schools accept payment by check with paper registration. Please check with your GO FAR coach for information.
Switching from the One-Mile Fun Run to the GO FAR 5K - Online Upgrade fee is $15 before April 21. After April 21, race upgrades are no longer available. Upgrade fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable. No exceptions. To make last-minute race changes (after April 21), simply follow regular race registration and pay full fee; difference in last-minute registration fees are non-refundable.
Switching from the GO FAR 5K to One-Mile Fun Run - If you would like to switch from the 5K to One-Mile Fun Run, you do not need to make any changes. The difference in registration fees are non-refundable. Simply show up to the Fun Run start line on race morning.
PACKET PICK-UP AND LATE REGISTRATION
GO FAR Runners
(Including kids who are training with a GO FAR club at school, YMCA, or similar program AND their families, friends, and school staff) If you register before April 21 and you choose your school under TEAM INFORMATION during registration, your coach will pick up your race kit (including T-shirt and race bib) for your convenience. Coaches typically give out race kits at a GO FAR club meeting one week before the race. If you register AFTER April 21, follow Community Runner instructions to pick up your race kit.
Race Kits will be available for pick-up (and if space is available, late registrations will be accepted) at either of the following locations:
Friday, May 5, 5:00 - 7:00 pm
Omega Sports, 209 Eastchester Dr, High Point, NC 27262
Saturday, May 6, 7:00 - 8:30 am
Race Day Registration Table
Pre-paid packets must be picked up BEFORE 8:15 am on race day. Packets not claimed by then will be given to last-minute registrations.
T-shirts and extra race kit items are not guaranteed for late registrations or late pick-up.
TRIAD GO FAR RACE RESULTS
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
GO FAR puts the safety of its participants, spectators, staff, and volunteers first. Dangerous weather conditions pose a unique challenge to an event of this size. Therefore we have adopted the following Inclement Weather Policy:
Weather forecasts will be monitored prior to the event, with special attention placed on the possibility of ice, heavy rain, thunder and lightning, high winds, and extreme temperatures (hot or cold). If necessary, families and schools will be made aware of these conditions and possible dangers which could result. Announcements will be posted on the GO FAR website as well as through other means of communication such as Twitter and Facebook.
The Race Director and GO FAR Race Committee, in consultation with High Point law enforcement, Piedmont Triad Ambulance and Rescue, and other officials, will monitor the weather and make a decision if any action will be taken to modify the race. Possible changes include altering the start time or, in extreme situations, cancellation of the event.
- Visible lightning will cause the race to be postponed for a minimum of 30 minutes. Additional sightings will continue to delay the race in 30-minute increments.
- If ice is visible on the race route and is unavoidable, the race personnel, medical team, fire, and police personnel reserve the right to delay, cancel, or suspend the race due to inclement weather.
- If extremely high heat and humidity is predicted, extra water will be provided to runners prior to, during, and after the event. The medical team will be alerted that athletes may require additional medical attention during and after the event due to these conditions. If it is felt that it is unsafe for participants to start the race due to severe temperatures and humidity, the race may be cancelled.
- The GO FAR Family Event does not get cancelled due to rain.
NOTE: No refunds are given if race is cancelled. All proceeds benefit GO FAR Registration Scholarships and Lace Up Shoe Fund throughout the state.